Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Living summer in a day.

I'm still not quite grown, not quite ready to admit that summer doesn't mean freedom and popsicles and chlorine-green hair. I'm so lucky to work with children - I get to experience some of those things through them. But it sure is different to be the one supervising, instead of the one blissfully enjoying. So I'm trying to live my summer in a day (or two) every week.


Blueberries and mangoes mean summer for me, especially if eaten on a blanket in the grass. When it's 99 degrees out.



Camelbak means summer for me, now. This handy pack is the best way for me to enjoy summer as I once did, but as the responsible adult instead. Got to stay hydrated and carry the bandaids!



I am so thankful for my Covenant Bible College education that taught me how to just be. The best way I know to relax now is to lay in the grass and look at the trees. I'm so thankful that we live so close to a park. It's not big enough so that I can pretend that I don't live in the city, but I do love seeing the tops of skyscrapers, usually with a backdrop of storm clouds. I love that.



Fruit and books. All I need (besides a tree to look up at) for summer. I'm searching for the best strawberries in the state (I'm spoiled, being from California), but I've definitely found the best peaches and that was a great apricot!

I think this might be a good summer. I'm already trying to be so intentional - blocking out time on the calendar for hiking and camping with my love. And lazy river rides, sleepovers, an hour here and there in the park, pool time with house church, and City Park fountain time with the kids... It's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment