Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am so thankful for the little insights I got this week into some of the kids at work. How I was able to move past their surface behavior and realize the feelings behind it. It reminded me how much these kids just need love. They need hugs and play and smiles and words of affirmation. They need me to be consistent and not let my frustration get a hold of me.

...it's so hard. But I'll try. I promise. I'll try my best.

Got to spend some time with family yesterday. It was good. We're so blessed that we're close (in proximity and friendship) to David's sister and her husband, and that David's parents live only an hour away.

We're planning a trip to Chicago in the fall... I'm really looking forward to it. It's true that I really feel like I need a vacation from work, but it's more than that. I'm so looking forward to seeing Jenny and meeting Eric, to seeing where David grew up, and to spending time with my husband, and sister and brother-in-law.

Also, Samuel gets back this next week. I wish more than anything that I could be there to greet him at the airport... To see firsthand how he's been changed. But I'll settle for pictures sent over email and his voice over the phone. I'm so unbelievably proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment