Monday, April 25, 2011

Marriage.

Recently I've learned of two women that I went to college with that have recently gotten divorced. My heart broke when I heard of it. I cannot even imagine what would bring two people together only to draw them apart so soon after. I once heard of a strange statistic - out of ten couples that this person knew who got married their first year out of college, six are now divorced. This coming from a Christian university. Mind-blowing. Devastating.

It makes me so sad when people who have experienced marriage haven't experienced it for the incredible gift and amazing blessing that it is. Marriage is the best thing ever, and I want everyone to know that beautiful fact.

I am so thankful for my husband. He takes such good care of me...

Wiping my tears with his shirtsleeve.

Making me dinner. Every night.

Taking out the trash - and stepping in homeless man poop while he's at it. (Though that last part might not be for me, per se, but it's still a nice touch)

Letting me take his car to work so he can fix my tire. I mean, I was the one who drove over a screw, but I didn't even have to give it a second thought.

Flowers when I'm sick.

Endless produce - even when it drives our grocery bill way up.

Making me laugh. All the time.

So much more.

I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment