Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What have I been up to lately?

What have I been up to lately, you ask?

For the past few months, I have felt uninspired to write here. It started when I wanted to share all the stories of my precious children at work, but then they suddenly moved out. It was such a loss, so heartbreaking, that I couldn't find myself inspired to write anymore. I miss those kids so much that they still bring tears to my eyes, even now, three months later. Those four (from Ghana) had sneaked their way into my heart and they're still there. I pray desperately for them, and catch snippets of their lives from the school they still attend. But I so wish they were still at Champa, learning and growing and smiling and talking again.

And now my other family of four children has left us. And I worked so hard on those kids, and they were so hard. So, so hard. So frustrating. But I had made a break through, and now they're gone. The oldest, with his shy smile and long limbs, who finally trusted me... Gone. And I didn't get to say goodbye. Maybe I'll run into them at the school, but I know that all I can really do is pray desperately for them.

{There are so many precious children stuck in my heart. Most of them left Champa abruptly and without warning, so I never got to say goodbye. I worry about those children so much sometimes... They're scattered all over the city and maybe the country, and I'll never see them again.}

So here we are. With the three babes (who are easy and precious and we laugh a lot) and a new family, with older children. So I will earn their trust and understand what makes them tick. They are so precious and crazy and I can't wait to know them. I can't wait until the trust has been established and we're buddies!

*******************************************************************************

That's all for now... Lots more to share, but not enough time or energy to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment