Friday, September 10, 2010

Work.

Today I went with my coworkers and some of the residents to a time where everyone from the Mission gathered together to worship and fellowship. It was nice, and fun, but one part really stuck out to me.

They were giving out awards (5 and 10 years of employment with the Mission). Two of the five year awards were given to cleaning ladies. One of them didn't speak English, so they brought up someone to translate. And I have never been prouder to be a part of this organization (and I'm often quite proud). Where some people would push the cleaning ladies under the rug, never acknowledge their presence or how hard they work to keep our facilities clean, or tell them: "This is America. Speak English" - The CEO of the Mission and all of us honored them for their service. It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment