Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September.

Is it September already? Time passes quickly and slowly these days. I'm currently enjoying a morning off. I'm working the late shift tonight, and so far I'm enjoying the change. We'll see how it goes at work tonight, though...

My plan: Ride my bike to City Park, with a blanket overflowing in my basket. Take a walk, enjoy the September sun, lay down to read "The Good and Beautiful Life".

Tuesday nights are the best. When friends bring imported ginger cat cookies (for people) to The Flat, we sit around and eat muffins with almost too many ingredients in them and talk about life. About how to be peacemakers; how to bring the Kingdom here to earth; how to really live and love and that it's okay to get angry sometimes. I am starting to love these people that gather in our living room every week, and I'm so glad we get to share our lives. It's crazy to think that I've only known some of them since the beginning of the summer. Most of them, actually. Amazing how life can change.

Amazing how God goes above and beyond our expectations for our lives.

I'm thankful for my husband who holds me up when I can't do it myself. Even if I don't have the words, he knows and is just there.

I'm thankful for gummy smiles and baby laughs, for made-up words and being called "muh-lise".

And three day weekends never hurt anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment